Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer
Metal fabricating job shop, specializing in electrical enclosures and related parts (18ga thru ¼”), needs a Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer to process customer orders, assist in plant layouts, create standard work instructions among other various related tasks. Must have:
- 3-5 years experience in engineering or related technical role
- Able to read and interpret complex multi-page assembly drawings.
- Sound understanding of fabricating labor steps – laser, punch, form, weld, paint, and assembly
- Design experience: manual/robot weld fixtures, basic fixturing tools and fixturing templates
- Excellent math and computer skills including MS-Office suite
- Great communication and organizational skills
- SolidWorks (or equivalent 3D CAD) experience required
- Experience with Quick Response Manufacturing (QRM), Lean Manufacturing and Problem-Solving Methodology preferred.
Paint Line Crew 1st & 2nd Shift
Rotational duties include but not limited to: Mask parts, load/unload line, opportunity to learn powder coating techniques, assist in department as required. Powder coating experience helpful.
Welder 1st & 2nd Shift
Duties include: Set up and weld GMAW in mild steel, (stainless and aluminum alloys a plus); ability to read and interpret complex customers prints. Primary filler used is 0.035” dia. solid wire. Material 18 ga. – ½” plate. Work includes welding of both small and large sized weldments including use of fixtures and welding sequence capabilities. Ability to certify to AWS, ASME and NAVSEA specs.
General Fabrication 2nd Shift
Duties include: Ability to perform drill and tap operations, hardware component insertion, machine load/unload, and assist in department as required. Print reading a plus.
KSM offers a competitive salary and benefit package including 401(k) with 50% match, health, dental, life, and disability insurance.
KSM is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an e-mail to HR@KSMINDUSTRIES.COM or call HR at 262-251-9510 to let us know the nature of your request.